When you’re attempting to persuade, do you emphasize the positive aspects of your offering or the potential loss of not taking action? This negotiation concept is called “prospect theory,” and today’s guest is an expert. Literally. Calum Coburn is the Director and Vice President of The Negotiation Experts, a training and consulting firm that enables sales teams to drive measurable profit improvements. On today’s show, Calum and Brian discuss the finer points of “prospect theory,” along with how to start building the foundations of trust as soon as your prospects see your web copy.
- Myers Briggs Test http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/
- Kolbe Index https://kolbe.com
- Stanford Study: https://credibility.stanford.edu/guidelines/index.html
- The Speed of Trust by Stephen M.R. Covey
- Waiting for Your Cat to Bark by Brian & Jeffrey Eisenberg
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman